Hassle Free Claims Process
with Top Insurance Providers
Typical Costs of Water Damage Restoration
Water damage emergencies vary greatly. So do their costs. The size of the damaged area, the extent of the damage, the water quality, and your location all factor into the price tag you’ll face after restoration is complete.
To give you an idea of how much water emergencies cost the average American, consider that water damage is responsible for more than 20% of losses claimed on homeowners insurance policies. With the average claim topping $7,000, it’s no wonder so many property owners are concerned about water damage.
Damage type matters
Here’s a quick glance at how much different types of water damage could cost you:
- Ceiling damage caused by leaking roof: (professional restoration) $100-$300; (do-it-yourself) $30-$50
- Flooded basement: $500-$10,000
- Water heater, washing machine, dishwasher or air conditioner leak: $5,000, on average
- Burst water pipe: $5,000-$70,000
- Flooded house: $7,800-$26,285
Sourced from: home.costhelper.com
Keep in mind that these costs represent water damage restoration projects when help arrived immediately. The longer your water problem exists, the more you’ll pay to repair it. Added costs come in the form of greater wall and floor damage as sheetrock, plaster, hardwords, carpeting and support beams absorb sitting water, extensive furniture damage, and of course, mold growth.
When you pay a water damage restoration company to repair your home or business, you should have a good idea of what’s covered. Make sure it includes the following:
- Initial inspection and estimate calculation
- Cost of materials and their delivery, if necessary
- Worksite prep, including protecting unaffected areas
- Labor costs on an hourly basis that include set-up, active clean-up and final restoration
- Clean-up and removal of debris
If a general contractor oversees your job, his or her fees may not be included. Sales tax on materials, and inspection fees and permits also fall outside of these estimates.
The key to keeping costs down is to act quickly. Losses can be minimized when you begin the drying process right away. That’s why the water damage restoration companies found on WaterDamageRestoration.net guarantee service in less than an hour. These providers understand the value of time during a water emergency. They respond quickly because they want you to save money, time and precious memories, too. Plus, it just makes their jobs easier. Get help by calling now.