Hassle Free Claims Process
with Top Insurance Providers
Water Damage Services
Water damage repair and cleanup is often a multi-step process involving several services. And since no two water emergencies are the same, action plans should be fully customized to each situation and building.
But generally speaking, you could encounter up to 10 different types of services if you ever suffer water damage. From water removal, to mold remediation, to floor, wall and ceiling repair, these services work together to restore your property to its original condition.
Here are the five main services offered by the pros at WaterDamageRestoration.net:
Water Damage Cleanup and Restoration
Water damage cleanup is the actual removal of water and its residual effects from your home or business.
A professional water damage restoration company will first measure the extent of your water damage with a combination of moisture detectors, meters and infrared cameras to locate both surface water and deep pockets of water collection.
Then, depending on the amount of water, your technician will remove it with a submersible, gas-powered pump, or a powerful truck-mounted pump.
Once the water is extracted, water damage cleanup specialists will carefully pull up any carpeting using a specialized technique to avoid tearing and permanent damage, carpet padding will be discarded, and sub-floors will be dried using large fans. Dehumidifiers are also used to slow evaporation and absorption into walls, ceilings and other materials.
The restoration process restores your property to its original condition. Your water damage restoration expert will start by deodorizing and disinfecting the area to destroy any mildew or fungus left behind by the moisture.
Next, he’ll begin the process of carpet restoration or hardwood floor restoration, furniture and upholstery repair, and repair of walls, ceilings, HVAC and duct systems. These jobs require a highly skilled team of experts – and that’s exactly what you’ll get with the providers at WaterDamageRestoration.net.
Flood Damage Cleanup
As the name suggests, flood damage cleanup occurs when nature is to blame for your water emergency. Heavy rains or snowmelt, broken dams or levees, or overflowing bodies of water that result in flash flooding would fall into this category.
During flood damage cleanup, safety of a home or business’s occupants is the primary concern. Once structures have been evacuated, trained professionals will ensure dangerous debris has been cleared, and downed or damaged electrical lines are moved.
Unlike general water damage, flood damage presents the additional challenge of clearing water from both the interior and exterior of the home. This is done for several reasons: One, if water is extracted from inside a home and the surrounding soil is saturated, pressure imbalance on the foundation can cause severe cracks in floors, walls and ceilings, or worse, total floor collapse. Secondly, the soil around the home must provide sufficient absorbency for the extracted water.
Once all water is removed, sanitization begins. Flood water carries a higher risk of contamination, so flood damage cleanup professionals must act quickly to stop the spread of bacteria and other harmful organisms.
Drying out the space is the final step, followed by dehumidifying the area and removing wet or destroyed soft materials. And just with any water damage restoration project, floors, walls, ceilings, furniture and HVAC/duct systems are cleaned and repaired as needed.
Sewage Damage Cleanup
Sewage damage can be caused by a number of factors, both inside and outside of your home. The main culprits are:
- Toilet gasket leaks
- Blocked pipes
- Corroded pipes
- Root damage
- Sewer main blockage or overflow
Cleanup should happen quickly following a sewage spill or backup. Dangerous microorganisms can spread and cross-contaminate other parts of your home, making sewage damage cleanup a critical service.
The process involves both physical and chemical cleaning to remove sewage debris and to disinfect the area. The degree of cleaning depends on the porosity of the contaminated materials and their location.
Your WaterDamageRestoration.net provider will be at your doorstep in 60 minutes or less to treat your sewage damage – guaranteed. After providing your FREE estimate, they’ll get to work turning your nightmare into relief.
Mold is found everywhere and can grow on almost any surface when moisture is present. This fast-growing substance can cause serious health problems for some individuals, particularly young children, the elderly, and people with asthma and compromised immune systems. That’s why mold remediation is such a specialized – and necessary – service.
After a water damage incident, mold begins to grow in 24-48 hours, so getting help quickly is key. The mold remediation specialists with WaterDamageRemediation.net are trained to assess, test and treat your mold problem according to three industry-standard steps:
- Assess: Your mold remediation specialist will look for visual signs of mold, plus areas of moisture where mold is likely to develop. He may also look behind furniture, beneath carpeting, wallpaper and paneling, and inside duct work and ventilation systems.
- Sample: Sampling is only recommended when occupants show symptoms of mold infection. But if your mold remediation specialist does sample, he’ll take three types: Air, Surface and Bulk. The three types together help determine the extent of your specific mold problem.
- Cleanup and Remediation: This step includes a number of techniques to dry, disinfect and rid your home of mold. Drying methods are typically a combination of ventilation and artificial dehumidification. For removal, dry ice blasting and wet vacuuming can be used for porous surfaces, while damp wiping with a detergent anti-fungal solution is best for hard surfaces. Your specialist may also use a new technique called dry fogging to fill your home with an EPA-approved chemical that kills mold spores and stops new mold growth on contact. The final step often involves HEPA vacuuming, a special remediation step taken after the area has been dried and all mold and debris removed. Vacuumed particles are stored in an impervious bag and removed from the premises.
Fire Damage Restoration
Fire damages buildings in a very complex way. Not only do you have smoke and heat damage, but water damage can also result from emergency services and sprinkler systems. Fire can also unleash hazardous chemicals, and can critically damage support structures, which may not be visible at first glance. So it’s easy to see why fire damage restoration is such a complicated process.
Leave it to the pros at WaterDamageRestoration.net to restore your home or business after a fire. Our experts will conduct a thorough assessment of the entire affected area before developing a customized action plan for your restoration project.
Here are just a few of the services that the pros at WaterDamageRestoration.net will handle:
- Immediate, professional service
- Smoke and soot damage removal and cleanup
- Water extraction and water damage restoration
- Fire damage restoration of your property and belongings
Our fire restoration providers use only industry-grade equipment and follow IICRC standards for assessment, cleanup and restoration. This means you can trust your home or business restoration to our partners.